APM Terminals announces the appointment of Mr. Ben Vree to the position of Chief Executive Officer of the Europe Region, effective 13 June 2012.
As Europe’s Regional CEO, based in Rotterdam, Mr. Vree will lead a business that encompasses:
• A combined container volume of 6,737,000 (Equity weighted) TEUs in 2011, representing 36% of total company throughput;
• 12 operating container terminals in 13 countries;
• Six port development and expansion projects:
- Rotterdam, Netherlands New terminal being built
- Vado, Italy New terminal being built
- Wilhelmshaven, Germany New terminal being built
- Poti, Georgia Expansion project
- Gothenburg, Sweden New terminal project
- Port Said, Egypt Expansion project
• 20 inland operations in 18 locations in 10 countries;
• 6,357 employees
• Revenues of USD 1.2 billion in 2011, representing 25% of APM Terminals global revenue.
Geographically, the region includes responsibility for all of Europe as well as the Southern Mediterranean and Black Sea, including facilities at Tangiers, Morocco; Port Said, Egypt and Poti, Georgia.
“I am excited about this new opportunity to contribute in this challenging market toward the further development and growth of the APM Terminals Global Port, Terminal and Inland Service s Network in the Europe Region, and to become part of the corporate management team. Our goal is to not only grow and optimize the existing network, but also further improve standards on safety and environmental care and expand our customer base”, said Mr. Vree.
Mr. Vree was appointed CEO of APM Terminals Rotterdam earlier this year, with responsibility for overseeing the company’s Maasvlakte I and Maasvlakte II port facilities’ strategic direction and competitive position.
Source: APM Terminals, June 14, 2012