The biennial international maritime trade show SMM, which is taking place in Hamburg, Germany this week, is in full swing.
There has been a great turnout from visitors and exhibitors have invested the utmost effort to attract the maximum attention to their stands.
Engineering ingenuity is on display with numerous technological novelties being showcased by shipbuilders and equipment manufacturers from across the world.
Smart technology and digitalization are in the spotlight and visitors are encouraged the test out the latest technological wonders at company stands that range from smart ropes, ship models to various types of simulators and live 3D printing.
The fair, being held September 4 – 7, 2018 at the Hamburg Messe und Congress (HMC), is expected to gather 2,289 exhibitors and around 50,000 visitors from more than 124 countries over the four days.
World Maritime News Staff
- Wilhemsen’s Smart Rope Steals the Show at SMM
- BWMS Failures Caused by Yards Substituting Component Materials
- Hapag-Lloyd Expects USD 1 Bn in Extra Fuel Costs from 2020 Sulphur Cap
- Wartsila Unveils An Oceanic Awakening Initiative at SMM
- Alexander Oetker: We Could Not Be the Best Owners for Hamburg Süd