NYK to Combine Port and Harbor Transportation Businesses

NYK Line containershipIllustration; Image Courtesy: Pixabay under CC 2.0 license

Japanese shipping company Nippon Yusen Kaisha (NYK) and Mitsubishi Logistics Corporation (MLC) agreed to form a joint holding company to integrate port and harbor transportation business companies of NYK.

Specifically, the integration relates to the management of the four NYK Group terminal operation companies in Japan, and merging of UNI-X Corporation and Nippon Container Terminals.

” The aim is to consolidate quality improvement efforts and enhance long term service stability for port and harbor transportation business of the company group,” NYK said announcing the move.

NYK is the majority shareholder in the joint holding company with 51% stake, while MLC will hold the remaining 49% stake in the new entity.

The deal is subject to administrative approval by the authorities concerned and necessary proceedings.

Once, and if, the regulatory approvals are obtained, the duo plans to establish the holding company by November 2018, and merge UNI-X and NCT by January 2019.

Share this article

Follow World Maritime News

In Depth>

Events>

<< May 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
29 30 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2

Global Sustainable Shipping Forum 2019

The event will provide valuable insights from conference sessions, great networking opportunities and will offer…

read more >

FPSO Brazil Congress 2019

Charging ahead with 24 planned orders by 2022, Brazil has once again solidified its status as one of the world’s foremost oil and gas leaders…

read more >

Nor-Shipping 2019

Nor-Shipping’s conference and event programme is tailored to deliver the knowledge, value and networking to help you build your business.

read more >

Electric & Hybrid Marine World Expo Conference 2019

Electric & Hybrid Marine World Expo Conference is the world’s only international conference…

read more >