Yilport Holding Becomes Port of Gävle’s Sole Operator

Turkish port operator Yilport Holding, a Yildirim Group subsidiary, continues feeding its expansion appetite with the most recent acquisition of 100% shares of Gävle Container Terminal (GCT) and Baltic Sea Gateway (BSG), in Gävle port, Sweden.

Namely, the company signed on Monday the 30+10 year concession agreement with Gävle Municipality which awarded Yilport Holding the rights to operate container, bulk, general cargo, rail and CFS services in Port of Gävle terminals.

Yilport already owns 80% shares of Gävle Container Terminal since 2014, and Gävle Municipality awarded Yilport the remaining 20% shares in the new deal signed on 2 May 2016. The concession also includes 100% shares of Baltic Sea Gateway AB, another subsidiary of Gävle Municipality. The agreement appoints Yilport to undertake all operations as the sole operator at Port of Gävle, the third largest container port in Sweden.

“Gävle welcomed us in 2014, and we acquired 80% shares of Gävle Container Terminal. Today Yilport is very happy to be awarded the remaining 20% shares and Baltic Sea Gateway terminal as well,” Robert Yuksel Yildirim, Chairman of Yilport Holding said.

“I believe that we will maximize efficiency and profitability by consolidating Port of Gävle operations. We are excited to bring our experience to BSG and GCT, expand further and offer end-to-end terminal services in Gävle. We welcome new terminals in our portfolio, and take another step towards our goal to be ranked among top 10 international port operators by 2025. As part of this objective we strive to enhance our global presence further.”

According to the company, this deal marks its second long-term concession in the Nordic region; after the 20+10 year deal for Port of Oslo container terminal. The company’s European portfolio has also tripled in size in 2015 with the acquisition of Tertir. Yilport currently operates 22 terminals across 7 countries, majority of which are located in Europe.

Share this article

Follow World Maritime News

In Depth>

Events>

<< Feb 2020 >>
MTWTFSS
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 1

The 9th Annual Event Green Shiptech China Congress 2020

The 9th Annual Event- Green Shiptech China Congress 2020 will be held on next…

read more >

Belgian Offshore Days 2020

During this event, a conference will be held with focus on “Increasing value by data driven innovation…

read more >

7th Annual Arctic Exchange

Every year the Exchange invites delegates from across the globe to come together to listen to key senior management teams…

read more >

World Future Ports Summit 2020

This event will bring together ports and maritime shipping professionals from global leading companies and authorities to discuss recent digital technologies…

read more >