Höegh LNG Offloads Old Timer

Oslo-listed owner and operator of floating LNG terminals Höegh LNG Holdings has sold the 1979-built LNG carrier LNG Libra to an unnamed Chinese energy company for around USD 20 million.

Höegh has received 15% of the purchase price and will receive the remaining 85% by the end of the first quarter 2016, after the vessel has completed her current charter with Gas Natural.

Höegh LNG’s President and Chief Executive Officer, Sveinung J. S. Støhle, said: “LNG Libra was acquired to meet the bid conditions for a specific FSRU project as a conversion candidate, however, we succeeded in placing one of our newbuild FSRUs instead. Since HLNG’s main focus is newbuild FSRUs and these have become the preferred solution among LNG importers, LNG Libra is today a non-core asset, and therefore we are very pleased with having completed this transaction in a very challenging LNG shipping market.”

Share this article

Follow World Maritime News

Posted on July 16, 2015 with tags .

In Depth>

Events>

<< May 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
29 30 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2

Global Sustainable Shipping Forum 2019

The event will provide valuable insights from conference sessions, great networking opportunities and will offer…

read more >

FPSO Brazil Congress 2019

Charging ahead with 24 planned orders by 2022, Brazil has once again solidified its status as one of the world’s foremost oil and gas leaders…

read more >

Nor-Shipping 2019

Nor-Shipping’s conference and event programme is tailored to deliver the knowledge, value and networking to help you build your business.

read more >

Electric & Hybrid Marine World Expo Conference 2019

Electric & Hybrid Marine World Expo Conference is the world’s only international conference…

read more >