Astomos Energy and ENEOS Globe to Form VLGC Giant

Japan’s liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) importers – Astomos Energy and ENEOS Globe – have signed an agreement to cooperate in the area of international procurement, import and shipping of LPG, with a focus on pooling their fleets of Very Large Gas Carriers (VLGC).

Astomos currently operates a fleet of six owned and fifteen chartered VLGCs. ENEOS Globe operates five VLGCs.

With eight more VLGCs ordered by Astomos, currently under construction at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Kawasaki Heavy Industries, this potential joint venture could eventually operate a fleet of 34 VLGCs, or a 20% of the global fleet.

Approximately 70% of LPG consumed in Japan is imported from overseas, while the remaining approximately 30% is generated domestically.

Approximately 85% of the imports come from the Middle East, primarily from Saudi Arabia and UAE (United Arab Emirates).

World Maritime News Staff

Share this article

Follow World Maritime News

In Depth>

Events>

<< Jan 2020 >>
MTWTFSS
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2

The 9th Annual Event Green Shiptech China Congress 2020

The 9th Annual Event- Green Shiptech China Congress 2020 will be held on next…

read more >

Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology

As varied threats in the Mediterranean Sea continue to proliferate, the need to advance…

read more >

2nd GREENTECH IN SHIPPING GLOBAL FORUM

Forum you will find out from the regulators, government bodies and major ports’ representatives what the near…

read more >

7th Annual Arctic Exchange

Every year the Exchange invites delegates from across the globe to come together to listen to key senior management teams…

read more >