Eco-Ship Fund for Korean Shippers

Polaris Star

Korean shipping companies will benefit from an ‘eco-ship fund’ worth USD $976 million Korea Eximbank (Kexim) plans to launch so as to boost domestic shipping companies in switching to green technology.

 
The fund is expected to open for business this November, with the contribution from the South Korean state bank with 25% oand institutional investors with the remaining 75%.

“The scheme will benefit mid-sized shippers like Sinokor Marchant Marine and Polaris Shipping as well as large ones such as Hanjin Shipping and Hyundai Merchant Marine. Given most new ship orders commissioned by domestic shipping companies go to mid-sized shipbuilders, it would also impact the shipbuilding industry positively,” Kexim official said.

World Maritime News Staff, July 31, 2014; Image: Polaris Shipping

Share this article

Follow World Maritime News

In Depth>

Events>

<< Nov 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 1

The 9th Annual Event Green Shiptech China Congress 2020

The 9th Annual Event- Green Shiptech China Congress 2020 will be held on next…

read more >

CWC World LNG Summit & Awards Evening

The CWC World LNG Summit & Awards Evening will be returning to Rome in 2019 to celebrate it’s 20th year.

read more >

Salvage & Wreck

Salvage and Wreck Removal Conference will focus on Casualty management case studies, Dealing with hazardous cargo and container ship fires…

read more >

Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology

As varied threats in the Mediterranean Sea continue to proliferate, the need to advance…

read more >