Great Lakes Shipyard and B.V. Scheepswerf Damen Gorinchem (Damen) have entered into a five-year partnership authorizing Great Lakes Shipyard as an official builder of Damen designs.
The Great Lakes Shipyard’s Damen Series will cater to the following markets:
- Harbor & Terminal: Ranging from towage and movements services such as Stan tugs, launches, pilots and boats to harbor services such as work barges, skimmers, dredgers, and high-speed craft;
- Offshore: Ranging from fast crew suppliers to deep sea anchor handlers;
- Offshore Wind: Ranging from wind farm support vessels, fast crew boats, and shoalbusters to wind farm maintenance barges and the fully integrated infrastructure support vessel, the Damen “Sea Base”,
- Defense & Security: Ranging from security and patrol vessels such as Interceptors and Stan Patrols to amphibious support ships and naval auxiliaries;
- Public Transport: Ranging from ferries, water taxis, and water buses, to RoPax and double ended;
- Fishing: trawlers;
- Pontoons & Barges: Ranging from multi-purpose and submersible pontoons, and research vessels to truckable products, cranes, and specialty barges.
The agreement also provides for Damen technical services, including experienced personnel for onsite management and supervision on any and all construction projects.
Press Release; June 27, 2014