Goliat FPSO Delivery Scheduled for Early 2015

The Goliat FPSO will depart Hyundai Heavy Industries yard in South Korea in early 2015, a decision taken at a licence meeting on Friday 16 May.

The licence determined that conditions to depart at the end of June 2014, and complete commissioning in Norway in Q4 2014, were not in place. In particular, elements necessary to complete commissioning offshore in the Barents Sea were unavailable.

The licence has therefore decided to utilize the second transportation window already contracted with the Dockwise Vanguard vessel, and to complete commissioning of the FPSO in the Hyundai Heavy Industries shipyard in South Korea.

Production start-up is targeted for mid-2015. A fast ramp-up to steady production is expected, given the opportunity to test and finetune the FPSO before it leaves South Korea.

Goliat will be the first oil field to come on stream in the Barents Sea, and as such the project incorporates several technical innovations designed to ensure safe and robust operation. The platform has been specifically tailored to Arctic conditions.

The FPSO has reached an advanced stage: work on the hull is finished, topsides are reaching mechanical completion, and commissioning activities are progressing steadily in parallel. The final activities, related to sea trials, are expected well before sailaway. The licence remains fully satisfied with the quality of construction received from Hyundai. In parallel, the other parts of the project – drilling, installation of subsea – are progressing steadily in Norway.

Eni Norge AS is operator of the field with a participating interest of 65 per cent. Statoil owns the remaining 35 per cent as partner. Goliat is planned to produce 170 million barrels of oil during a production lifetime of 15 years.

 

eninorge, May 16, 2014

Share this article

Follow World Maritime News

In Depth>

Events>

<< Apr 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 1 2 3 4 5

GreenTech in Shipping USA Forum 2019

GreenTech in Shipping USA Forum is an event for Maritime leaders who want to unlock successful business formula of the industry!

read more >

CWC World Gas & Power Series – Brazil & the Americas Summit

CWC World Gas & Power Series: Brazil & the Americas Summit is the perfect meeting place to make contacts…

read more >

FPSO Brazil Congress 2019

Charging ahead with 24 planned orders by 2022, Brazil has once again solidified its status as one of the world’s foremost oil and gas leaders…

read more >

Nor-Shipping 2019

Nor-Shipping’s conference and event programme is tailored to deliver the knowledge, value and networking to help you build your business.

read more >