The tugboat of project 90600 “RB-401”, building No 939 was put into operation within the Russian Navy on February, 1, 2014, Pella Shipyard informed. The official solemn flag-raising ceremony took place in Kaliningrad.
The tugboat is intended for towing and berthing operations in harbor, roadsteads and coastal areas which comply with R3 navigation area, refloating of ships and vessels, fire fighting operations at floating and shore objects, oil and petroleum content products, cargo transportation, ice breaking and erosion operations.
- Length max 25.4 m
- Width max 8.8 m
- Draught 4.2 m
- Speed 11.8 knots
- Classification КМ Arc4 R3 Aut3 Tug by Russian Register of shipping
- Propulsion system Z-drives US 155, Rolls-Royce, FPP into nozzles
- Powerplant 2*746 kW at 1800 r/min, Caterpillar С32
- bow electro-hydraulic anchor-towing-mooring winch Fluidmecanica providing 10 t of bollard pull and 847 kN of brake holding force;
- 23 t towing hook SWL with quick release device
- The tugboat is equipped with cargo crane РС 2300, Palfinger with lifting capacity of 150 kilos at the boom of 5m.
In order to fulfill fire-fighting operations the tugboat is equipped with external fire fighting system made by FFS (capacity is 800 m3/h, 2 water monitors, water curtains system).
Press Release, February 11, 2014