Saipem Ltd has declared their option to extend the contract for the construction vessel (CSV) “Normand Cutter” with 1 year from May 2014. This is the second of a total of three yearly options.
M/S “Normand Cutter”, designed by Vik & Sandvik AS AS, is equipped and fitted for:
- Handling any type of underwater telecommunication cable (dia 14 – 150 mm)
- Handling repeaters up to 380 mm diameter Stacking up to 200 repeaters
- Operation in both shallow and deep water
- Stern working Range 6000 n.m. at service speed
- Continuous operation at sea for 40 days
“Normand Cutter” is built with a flexible, redundant and powerful diesel-electric propulsion and machinery package. Furthermore, it has a hull integrated helicopter landing platform with a 300 MT crane, flexible pipe and umbilical deepwater installation capability.
Saipem, March 24, 2014