Petrofac, the international service provider to the oil and gas industry, confirms placement of all critical path lump-sum orders to build its new proprietary design Petrofac JSD 6000 deepwater derrick lay vessel, which will be available for construction and installation activities in early 2017.
The contracts for the shipyard and electrical and control systems supplier and integrator have now been awarded as the final element in a phasing of contracts designed to de-risk critical item delivery, interfaces and integration.
The vessel contract award summary is as follows:
- Shipyard for hull and marine: ZPMC, China
- Nominated supplier and integrator of all electrical and control systems: Kongsberg Maritime, Norway
- 2,000 metric tonne (mt) J-Lay tower: IHC Engineering Business, UK
- 5,000 mt revolving main crane and four deck cranes: National Oilwell Varco, USA
- Two deepwater 750 mt tonne winches: Remazel Engineering, Italy
- 600 mt S-Lay tensioners and pipe handling equipment: Remacut, Italy
- Nominated classification society: Lloyds Register Group
Building upon Petrofac’s market-leading engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) project management and engineering capability, the vessel is based on a unique innovative design which integrates the J-Lay, S-Lay and derrick functions and will provide Petrofac with access to high-end turnkey opportunities in the high growth deepwater and SURF markets, and expand access to shallow water EPCI projects.
Ayman Asfari, Petrofac Group Chief Executive, said: “These orders mark the next major step in Petrofac’s strategic evolution, which is built on the expansion and enhancement of our expertise and capabilities from our core areas into markets where we can provide a differentiated offer to our customers.
“With more than 30 years of designing, developing, building and operating fixed facilities, both onshore and offshore, and more than a decade in subsea field development and engineering, our move into the deepwater market is a natural progression.”
Yves Inbona, Managing Director of Petrofac’s Offshore Capital Projects business, said: “We are delighted to be working with industry leaders on the design and build of the key components of the vessel. The Petrofac JSD 6000 will give us the ability to access top tier EPCI opportunities with a best-in-class multi-purpose vessel.”
Petrofac, January 16, 2014