Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort, Rio de Janeiro
Sep 2 2014 - Sep 3 2014
The event returns to Brazil after touring the region having taken place in Sao Paulo, 2011, Buenos Aires in 2012 and Valparaiso in 2013. It is the first time that the event has taken place in Rio de Janeiro. The two day conference, exhibition and social programme will focus on the development of the cruise industry in Latin America addressing opportunities and challenges, including increasing both source and international passenger numbers, developing new itineraries and shore excursions and port development.
Sep 2 2014 - Sep 3 2014
The 2nd Conference will again focus on the sustainable development of ports and terminals but will also look at the need for the infrastructure to keep pace with the development of ports together with investment and finance options and initiatives. The programme has been released and delegate places are already being booked from across the region.
Sep 3 2014 - Sep 4 2014
5th Maritime Salvage & Casualty Response will uncover the complexity of issues surrounding Wreck Removal and Salvage Operations, not just on an operational scale, but will also make the legal, insurance and contractual issues more transparent. The conference will deliver the essential knowledge and experience from some of the best salvage professionals in the business.
Alan Berry Building, Coventry
Sep 3 2014 - Sep 4 2014
The conference will present technical papers on a number of aspects of aesthetic marine design, including:
- Design Visualisation (including design methodologies, design practice, innovative concepts, design analysis tools, Computer Aided Design, TOI (Transfer of Innovation) from other industry sectors).
- Human System Integration (including HFE (Human Factors Engineering), Maritime Security, UCD (User Centred Design) methodologies, Emotional Design methodologies, Empathic Design methodologies, ‘Aging in Place’, TOI from other industry sectors).
- Sustainability in construction (including one-off construction and series production issues, facility design, materials, joining technologies, reconstructions and rebuilds of historic craft, results of simulation).
- Sustainability in operation (including, equipment, results of sea trials, results of instrumentation, results of simulation, TOI from other industry sectors).
- Implementation of regulations in the design process (including international, national, and regional regulatory frameworks, classification, codes of practice, rating rules).
- Virtual work/learning environments (including, CPD for marine designers, networking opportunities for innovation and exchange, virtual work environments to facilitate multi-disciplinary, multinational teams).
INTEX Shanghai, Shanghai
Sep 3 2014 - Sep 5 2014
Oceanology International China is the only forum in Asia where industry, academia and government share knowledge and connect with the marine technology and ocean science community, improving their strategies for measuring, exploiting, protecting and operating in the world’s oceans. Developed with government and industry associations, Oceanology International China will provide organisations with the opportunity to capitalise on China’s rapidly growing offshore energy & marine industries.
Sep 6 2014 - Sep 7 2014
International Ship Finance & Investment Conference Highlights included:
- Outlook for global growth and trade flows
- Prospects for rates and energy prices
- Macro economic influences on shipping markets
- The impact of shale oil and gas on the tanker sector
- How are supply and demand dynamics changing in the container sector?
- Market prospects for LNG and LPG sectors
- Dry bulk shipping analysis
- Are shipping stocks being given a fair hearing by investors
- Is now the time to invest?
- What next for the ship finance cycle?
- What opportunities exist for Western and Eastern banks to work together?
- Can bank ship finance still compete?
- Newbuilding price developments
- Latest Chinese bank strategy for ship finance
- How does today’s owner access finance given bank constraints?
- Can alternative finance provide solutions owners are looking for?
- Equity investment – latest perspectives
- What does the short to medium term future hold for private equity in shipping?
Cairo International Convention Center, Cairo
Sep 6 2014 - Sep 9 2014
This Event, through its Conference, will enable all professionals from the Energy Sector to share their expertise, exchange ideas and experiences, update their knowledge and skills and discuss the latest progress and challenges facing the Industry as well as, of course, networking and relational development.Cairo Energy Exhibition will also serve to alternative energy to bring together the newest and hottest products manufacturers related with solar and wind energy. Egypt has one of the most effiecient winds of the world and Egypt is privileged to have 3000 hours of sunlight per year.
Cambridge University, Cambridge
Sep 7 2014 - Sep 19 2014
The different sectors of the shipping industry are all interconnected; a small change in one can have significant implications for others. Therefore, to work effectively in any area of shipping, on any level, an appreciation of every aspect of the industry is essential. Seatrade Academy and Cambridge Academy of Transport, two trusted names in maritime training, provide a two-week residential course with a global, whole-industry perspective from the leading experts in the shipping industry.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Greenway Plaza, Houston
Sep 9 2014 - Sep 10 2014
- U.S. LNG export multi-stakeholder perspective – Hear from buyers, sellers and regulators to ensure you’re prepared for the LNG boom
- The LPG factor – Analyse global LPG demand, infrastructure developments and the future of LPG trade routes and global fleet
- Panama Canal expansion – Examine how authorities, vessel operators and analysts view the impact of the Canal on how LNG and LPG is shipped
- Quick-fire gas supply tour – Explore how gas projects in Canada and South America will compete with gas shipped from the U.S.
- Finance panel discussion – Will the rise of MLPs mean the end of fleet finance as we know it? Hear from expert financiers
Hamburg Messe, Hamburg
Sep 9 2014 - Sep 11 2014
This extremely popular biennial event facilitates business interaction between all participants, incorporating high-level conference sessions, a showcase exhibition and workshops alongside a packed social programme.