ERMA FIRST BWTS manufactured by ERMA FIRST ESK Engineering Solutions S.A, has received Class Type Approval according to Lloyd’s Register Type Approval System, 2002. This certificate along with Type Approval obtained by the Greek Administration last May makes the system accepted both for its mechanical design and biological efficacy.
The Class Type Approved ERMA FIRST BWTS is considered as a great achievement, of a highly qualitative and efficient, fully certified Advanced, Innovative Technology for Marine Applications.
ERMA FIRST Ballast Water Treatment System uses a simple and effective 200 micron self-cleaning pre-filter, an innovative, sophisticated 20 micron hydrocyclone technology exhibiting outstanding performance in very high sediment loads and advanced energy efficient electrolytic cells which provide a perfect combination of:
• Very low footprint in tailor-made, ship-type optimum arrangements,
• Very low Power Consumption,
• Easiness in Installation, with minimized labour & material costs,
• Risk-free operation in all sea conditions,
• Enhanced performance with stable operation even in ultimately high sediment loads,
• Extremely low maintenance and operating costs,
• Simplicity of Operation, on a fully automated functional principle, easy for crew use.
The Class Type Approval by a reputable classification society such us Lloyd’s Register endorses the high quality on the design and construction of the unit. ERMA FIRST BWTS already counts installation in various vessel types from Off Shore supply vessels, bulk carriers, containers vessels and Mega Yachts. While the order books extends rapidly.
The following step of ERMA FIRST on the certification field is the application for Alternate Management System (AMS) and USCG Type Approval. The company is planning to apply for these certificates within the following weeks.
With the ratification of the convention approaching and the USCG Final rule the installation of a BWTS onboard of new buildings it is a reality. ERMA FIRST BWTS can be an ideal solution for different kind of vessels.
ERMA FIRST, October 30, 2012