Møksters increases its focus on the subsea market by ordering a new build specially designed for ROV work, survey, diving and light construction work. In addition, the vessel will be able to provide services to windmill construction work. It is designed by Multi Maritime AS in Førde and is called MM85 MSV. The vessel will be build at Simek Shipyard in Flekkefjord.
The design is a further development of the two vessels Atlantis Dweller and Stril Explorer, which Møkster got delivered in 2010/2011. Atlantis Dweller has been sold to Fugro RUE, whilst the Stril Explorer is 100% owned by Møkster. The Stril Explorer was in May awarded a one year contract, including two annual options, with Hallin Marine.
The MM85 MSV has the following main parameters:
- Length / 85,45m
- Breadth / 18,00m
- Accommodation / 90 persons, SPS code
- Efficient logistics and facilities for management of subsea operations
- DPII with diesel electric propulsion
- 60T active hiv compensated crane (2000m), 10T whip line (2000m) og 10T dykkekran til 100m.
- Large WROV/diving hangar
- Two decks (Shelter and main deck) – 1175m2 area
- Shallow draft for “near” land operations
- Focus on working environment for crew as engines are placed aft on ship to reduce noise
- Good station keeping with two azimuths and one tunnel thruster in the bow section
Simek has previously delivered two PSV’s to Møkster on time with very high standards. The new build will be delivered in May 2014.
Source: mokster, June 1, 2012