DP World Eyes Piece of Russian Novorossiysk Container Terminal

Image Courtesy: NUTEP

Dubai-headquartered port and terminal operator DP World and Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) have reached an agreement with Russian transportation company Delo Group to buy a 49% stake in the country’s Novorossiysk container terminal NUTEP, according to Russian RIA Federal Press.

The acquisition is currently in its initial phase as the parties only signed the preliminary contract for the sale, expected to be finalized in the summer of 2016.

The agreement, which is part of a deal valued at some USD 330 million, is now subject to approval from the Russian foreign investment commission.

As disclosed, the sale contract includes an option to acquire the remaining stake in the container terminal after 2030.

DP World is yet to confirm the details on the matter to World Maritime News.

The preliminary contract signing comes on the back of the agreement reached between DP World and RDIF in January 2016, when the parties launched a joint venture company named “DP World Russia” targeting ports, transportation and logistics infrastructure in Russia.

The joint venture was established with an aim to invest a total of USD 2 billion over time in upgrading Russian port facilities.

DP World owns an 80% share in the joint venture, while the remaining 20% is held by RDIF.

World Maritime News Staff

Share this article

Follow World Maritime News

In Depth>

Events>

<< Nov 2017 >>
MTWTFSS
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3

Maritime Information Warfare 2017

Maritime Information Warfare will focus on the growing need for navies to develop their information exploitation capabilities…

read more >

INTERNATIONAL GREEN SHIPPING AND TECHNOLOGY SUMMIT

The Summit will gather key marine experts and companies around the globe which have a big influence in the industry…

read more >

The CWC 18th Annual World LNG Summit & Awards Evening

The CWC World LNG Summit will continue to give you access to premium networking opportunities as it brings together the who’s who…

read more >

Marintec China 2017

The largest maritime event in Asia Pacific, Marintec China connects maritime professionals from the entire shipbuilding supply chain together.

Over the years, Marintec China has grown to reflect the size and importance of the Asian maritime market. 2015 event is another record-breaking edition with the largest exhibition area and the highest number of industry professionals attending ever. The encouraging figures proven that China remains one of the major shipbuilding nations and Marintec China has been the most authoritative platform in Asia.

With the maritime industry facing great opportunities but also many challenges, it is important for the industry to connect and engage more to ultimately win new business in globally-significant markets. A visit to Marintec China is a great way to learn about the latest technology and innovation of the supply industry, a platform for industry professional to meet face to face, make connection and do business.

Marintec China is poised to be the definitive event and is undoubtedly a must-attend for all involved in the maritime industry.

Marintec China will be held from 5 to 8 December 2017 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre in Shanghai, China and continue its dedication to serve as the “LEADING” platform “CONNECTING” the community and “STRENGTHENING” the maritime industry.

Marintec China offers the perfect opportunity for companies serving the maritime market to showcase their innovations, products and services to a wide audience. A platform for face to face meetings in business, creating new relationships and consolidating existing ones.

More info

read more >