United Solar, a manufacturer of light-weight, flexible thin-film solar modules, announced that their Uni-solar® brand photovoltaics have been installed on Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas cruise ship. Royal Caribbean International launched the Allure of the Seas out of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, with Uni-solar laminates installed by Bam Solar of Miami providing electricity for the ship’s shopping district.
Port of Hamburg has started construction works on a third cruise ship terminal as a response to a growing number of ...read more →
Over the last weekend (from the 9th until the 11th of May 2014), twelve cruise ships visited the Port of Hamburg ...read more →
MAN has seen 2014 off to a successful start and received a large number of new major orders which include marine ...read more →
International classification society RINA has launched InfoSHIP EM, a real time tool for monitoring and optimising ...read more →
After working together on the successful construction of ships, Royal Caribbean and Meyer Werft have joined forces ...read more →
LNG Shipping conference
What can you expect from the LNG Shipping conference?
Essential global industry analysis on the key issues impacting global LNG transportation including:
– Outlook on the future of LNG supply from the U.S., Russia, Africa and Australia
– Assess the latest technical innovations in engine and containment systems to improve LNG carrier efficiency
– Examine growth areas in small scale LNG and the impact this has on the LNG carrier market
– Explore the developing options for fleet finance and assess the world of MLPs
– Receive an update from the Panama Canal Authority on how the expansion will impact LNG carriers
If you want to stay abreast of global changes in the industry and develop strategies to capitalise on new opportunities for the LNG fleet, don’t miss this year’s LNG Shipping Conference.read more >
Design & Operation of Offshore Wind Farm Support Vessels
The two day conference aims to cover all aspects of design, navigation, communication & controls, classification & statutory requirements, sea keeping & manoeuvring, crew safety & comfort fatigue, health & safety, environment, operation, powering & propulsion, construction, machinery & equipment.read more >
A decidedly European show for all those involved in the marine economy.
Organised by le marin, part of the Ouest-France group and GICAN, with the support of the European Network of Maritime Cluster, Euromaritime is the only business show dedicated to European marine business.
It reflects the ambitions of Europe’s integrated maritime policy:
– Bring together businesses and organisations from all the sectors of the marine trade,
– Present skills and know-how,
– Build bridges to provide stronger growth and a more competitive economy.
250 exhibitors and around 8000 visitors are expected for this 2nd edition taking place in Paris, Porte de Versailles, covering an area of 8,500 square metres.read more >
4th Annual Global Liner Shipping Middle East Conference
Global Liner Shipping Middle East 2015 conference agenda
- Triple keynote session: regional growth and opportunity presentations from UASC, DP World and Maersk
- Head-to-head port panel: customers quiz leading ports and terminals to tackle the question of induced demand or excess capacity
- Afternoon container task force: an interactive afternoon designed for delegates to share solutions for terminal productivity, supply chain security and green shipping initiatives
- GCC rail network updates: examine project time lines and the predicted impact of enhanced regional infrastructure
- Containerisation International’s data hub: essential trade statistics and industry analysis
- Commodity corner: review trends in imports and exports and examine the specialist requirements of petrochemical, aluminium and perishable goods shippers
- Town hall style open forum: an opportunity to help shape the agenda and share your conference objectives
read more >
Star Cruises, a cruise company in Asia, has placed another contract with German shipbuilder Meyer Werft for a new ...read more →
Holland America Line commissioned Imtech Marine USA to refit the bridges of three Holland America Line cruise ships ...read more →
KfW IPEX-Bank has committed to finance the third Quantum-class cruise ship commissioned by Royal Caribbean Cruises ...read more →
Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Leo Varadkar TD has announced the publication of the Merchant Shipping ...read more →
The new flag ship of AIDA Cruises will be christened in 2015 with the name AIDAprima. In 2011 after a worldwide ...read more →