Windstar Cruises, which operates a fleet of three luxury sailing yachts that explore hidden harbors and secluded coves of the world’s most treasured destinations, unveils renderings for Wind Star and Wind Spirit renovations.
The renovations are part of Windstar’s previously announced $18 million fleet refurbishment plan. The vision for the renovations is classic, stylish yacht luxury that dramatizes Windstar’s brand position of a “boutique yacht vacation” that is “180 Degrees from Ordinary.” Each yacht will receive new furniture, upholstery, art, lighting, wall coverings, carpeting, ceiling finishes, window treatments, and floor coverings. New furnishings will complete the look in keeping with the chic, private yacht scheme. The design palette combines sand and marine colors contrasting elegantly with the warmth of wood finishes, elevating the look and feel to stylish luxury at sea.
All three yachts will be completely refurbished by December 2012 starting with the Wind Star on April 29 as it begins its European season. Upgrades to the staterooms and suites are a special focus of the fleet refurbishment plan. Staterooms will be transformed with new leather headboards, stately arm chairs, linen wall coverings, new lighting features, elegant window coverings, plush wool carpeting, art work, stylish bed cushions, and luxurious bed throws. The owner’s suite on each yacht will be additionally outfitted with new furniture that is easily convertible to lounging, dining, or accommodating a third occupant.
This past December, as part of the refurbishment plan, Wind Surf’s accommodations and corridors were renovated. The yacht’s staterooms now feature leather headboards, stately arm chairs, linen wall coverings, new lighting features, elegant window coverings, plush wool carpeting, art work and stylish bed cushions. Suites were additionally outfitted with new furniture that converts easily to lounging, dining, or accommodating a third occupant. Corridors were completely renovated from floor to ceiling with new wall coverings, carpeting, ceiling finishes, lighting and art work.
All public spaces on the Wind Star will also be renovated for the start of the 2012 European season including The Restaurant, Veranda, Lounge, Pool Bar, Library, and WindSpa.
- • The Restaurant will receive a complete makeover to create the excitement and drama of an exclusive destination restaurant with luxurious neutral tones and curved design elements.
- • The Veranda will be renewed with new lighting, fresh “market-style” buffet arrangements and reconfigured indoor/outdoor seating.
- • The Lounge will be contemporized with new furniture, seating arrangements, window treatments and the addition of a piano bar, creating an ideal, welcoming space for evening entertainment.
- • The Pool Bar will be redesigned to offer a more engaging and upscale social experience and to create additional alfresco seating for sunset dining at Candles Grill.
- • The renovations to the Library space will create an intimate, luxurious cocoon for more contemplative pursuits.
- • WindSpa will also receive an interior soft goods update, to reflect the sophistication and elegance of relaxing with spa treatments at sea.
Windstar Cruises operates three sailing yachts known for their pampering without pretense and the ability to visit hidden harbors and secluded coves of the world’s most treasured destinations. Carrying just 148 to 312 guests, the luxurious yachts of Windstar cruise to nearly 50 nations, calling at 100 ports throughout Europe, the Caribbean and the Americas.
Shipbuilding Tribune Staff, January 20, 2012;